Tuesday 25 September 2012

Amazing Apple Crisp

As you may know, I recently moved to Windsor to do my Masters and PhD in Clinical Psychology. Since I didn't know anyone in Windsor, I thought that it would be a good idea to make some new friends, so I invited my four classmates from the Child Clinical stream over for dinner. I made this apple crisp for dessert, and although I should probably leave part of it a mystery, it isn't as hard as you would think! Growing up, this was one of the desserts that my mom would actually make, and I love it! Warm it up with some vanilla ice cream, and bam! Instant comfort food :) Enjoy!


Apple Crisp 


Ingredients


2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups butter
2 quarts/8 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F (175C). In a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Cut butter into mixture until crumbly. Take half of the mixture and pat it into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover crumb mixture with apple slices, then sprinkle apple slices with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender. 

2 comments: