Monday 6 May 2013

Crochet Hat Round-Up

As I mentioned in previous posts, I have been busy the past couple of months getting ready to sell my crafts at a Mom to Mom sale in Beamsville, ON. The majority of what I have made has been hats that look like things for babies and kids. I came across this pattern, and used it for the majority of the ones that I made! It is a basic pattern, but there are plenty of things that you can do with just using different colours and embellishments. I am not posting individual patterns for the embellishments for each of these hats, but hopefully the pictures will provide some inspiration! Thank you to Micah Makes for the pattern! If you don't crochet, but knit, you could use the basic pattern from my Knitted Baby Bow Hat and use different colours and embellishments, and add stitches in multiples of 4 to make it bigger.

Football Hat- Brown yarn, embroider white stripes

Minion Hat (from Despicable Me)- Yellow, with black stripe, follow the first few rounds of the hat with black and white to make the eye, and embroider the mouth, and add some tassles on top

Angry Birds Hat- Red hat, I made up how to do the eyes and nose (circles and semi-circles for eyes, triangle for nose, rectangle for eyebrows)

Bear hat- brown yarn, crocheted semi-circles for ears

Owl Hat- Light brown on top, dark brown on the bottom, follow the first few rounds in black and white for the eyes to make circles, I just crocheted triangles for the ears and beak

Mickey Mouse Hat- Black on top, red on bottom, follow first few rounds of hat to make ears, sew on yellow buttons. I also made a minnie mouse one with a bow, but forgot to take a picture!
Flower Hat- I followed the pattern without the earflaps and sewed on a crocheted flower
 
Knitted Flower Hat- I used the pattern from my baby bow hat, and sewed on a crocheted flower

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna,my name is Barb, came across your site and love it. I'm also from Windsor, so rare to see someone from same area. I'm also a knitter and crocheter. Been doing for many years. Love this site and thanks for sharing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your knitted flower hat. Can you share with me where you got your flower pattern. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie- the flower pattern is from this site: http://www.skiptomylou.org/2012/09/06/crochet-flowers/

      sorry for the late reply!

      Delete
  3. Thank you, thank you. I just came across your blog and it is great to find patterns and instructions I can follow. I'm a newbie and so confuzzled. :-) I pinned your site to Pinterest in order to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a nice-looking crocheted hat, kind of a little children's hat for winter... I found this tutorial for my friend's child for his one-year birthday. Well, this will be my gift for him. Thank you so much for this tutorial.Business Listings

    ReplyDelete